Sunday, June 15, 2008

Dutch Embroidery in Mendo



I took a class in Dutch embroidery many years ago, and made them for myself and sold quite a few. We were discussing activities for our annual Stagecoach Days (a four day festival at my home park) and one of the crafts we came up with was Dutch embroidery. It was very successful and Cecile, Janice and I are now working on cards to sell at the Ford House in Mendocino. We're concentrating on coastal themes, lighthouses, fish, sharks, and sailboats. They take forever to sew, but the end result is worth it. 

Ken is our fansastic pin pushing hole maker. It takes a steady hand and good eyesight!Janice is beginning her second (her first was the class @ Coarsegold) card and will do it from start to finish-no preset punching! The woman in the background is Denise, one of the Docents here at the Ford House. We work the same days so one of us can man the desk while the other can do some tour preparation. 

Poor Cecile-she's very puzzled about how this card will turn out. 

OOOPs...She definitely doesn't like this pattern.  We didn't like it, either.
Janice, on the other hand, like hers very much. She took a very difficult pattern and worked through all the twists and turns. Nice job! Now there's a story why she has so much color on her face but I'll let her tell the tale....

2 comments:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Hey Pat, this is a great posting. It tells a good story and the pictures are super. I have to get the guts to tell the tale, after my kids have seen the pictures first. . . I don't want to shock them!

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Wooops! How did that happen . . . I'm CaliforniaGrammy!