Friday, May 23, 2008

Mendo Part II



I showed you where I lived, now I'm going to show you where I "work". It's not real work, and the group that staffs the Ford House is just the best. I really think of Mendo as my second home.

This is the parlor  of the Ford House. The curves of the sofa are there so the person sitting could reach over the back to get  a drink from the table that was usually behind the sofa.
The door in the background is now used as the front door, and visitors come from all over the world to learn about the Coast.
This what I see every dy from the "back" door-which actually was the front entrance originally.
I wish you could hear the surf....extraordinary!
This is part of the Mendocino Headlands, and on the right is part of Main St. I'm taking this pix from the windo of the front room.
This is from the back porch-do you know this is a flannel bush? See? I've learned so much! 

2 comments:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Wow Pat, you're doing good at this "Blogging" schdick. Way to go! Great pictures too. The Thompson's blog mentioned how cool it is now after the incredible temperature of 85 last week. What's up with that?

Marcy H said...

Pat, I love the blogging. How long are you there? HOw about a visitor at the end of July some time?

Marcy :)