Monday, May 5, 2008

First Visitor to Mendocino


Wow! What a way to start hosting and introducing Mendocino to my friends! Mike flew his plane with his companion Barbara in to Little River airport Sunday afternoon. He had been visiting friends in Carmel and Salinas and stopped for an overnite on his way home to Boise, ID. We go back along way. We met when he was doing his residency at Valley Med, then became an attending for about 5 years. He is my"little brother" and Kristin's "big brother". We could always count on him for so many things. Mike will leave his practice and join the Peace Corps sometime next year. Our visit was long overdue, and we reminisced half the night. He liked my style of camping-even though he's a tent camper....I have so many special people in my life-I'm very blessed!  
Taking off or landing? They both look alike!
Mike, Casey and I just before takeoff...Casey is a 14 year old golden retriever-so good and gentle. I can't believe how well behaved he was all night.
Even Dr./pilots have to do those mundane chores-Mike is literally towing the plane over to the gas pump..wonder what his bill is?

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Mike looks like a very sweet man. He must be amazingly strong . . . towing an airplane!