Thursday, May 1, 2008

St. Anne's Chapel

This is the entrance to St. Anne's Chapel. It was a one-room school school house then was sold to the church. The priests from St. Joachim's in Madera come every Sunday for 9:00 am Mass. 

This is the grove just below the church. This little grotto is dedicated to St. Ann, Mary's mother. We have May day celebrations here.

This is where I go to attend mass every Sunday that I'm home. It is a peaceful, pastoral place in the country, in the little town of Raymond. Raymond is even smaller than Coarsegold! I have a wonderful community of friends there; the Chapel is part of a parish (St. Joachim's) in Madera. I'll miss my community but look forward to my "summer" parish-St. Anthony's-in Mendocino.

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

What a precious little church. It's small enough so that you probably have an extended family there as well as in Park Sierra. With your dynamic personality your friends will miss you for the next four months, that's for sure.