Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The Grandmother's Club


One of my goals this year is to get more involved in my community-expanding outside of Park Sierra. The Grandmothers Club was formed in the late 1940s, probably to have a place for women to meet and socialize. later, a mobile home park was developed (in Arroyo Grande) and an apartment complex right here in Coarsegold. The Grandmothers' Village has a lovely clubhouse where the Coarsegold chapter meet. This Chapter has been working on reducing their debt and will have paid the mortgage off by June this year. They are a lovely group of women (and some honorary men and angels who might not have grand children)  who invited me to join. I will be "installed" next month.  There are many chapters around CA, all having local projects and social activities. I'm looking forward to participating!
Opening the meeting includes the Pledge of Allegiance, Officer roll call, and a short prayer

Of course, after the business meeting, lunch is served!
Some folks stay and play cards after lunch.

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Looks like a great group, and I'm sure you have lots of stories to share. They are blessed to have you join them!