Saturday, August 28, 2010

Merry Christmas in Yellowstone

My debut as "Mrs. Claus"! 
Each year Yellowstone celebrates Christmas on August 25th. Some say the tradition started when a freak storm stranded the guests at Old Faithful..To help defray guest anxiety the Inn decorated for christmas! It's been a fun tradition ever since. When I worked here (10 years ago!) I remembered the fun we had, so we asked the manager at Grant  campground if we could surprise the staff at their dinner party-it was such fun! And, we were mobbed at West Thumb- After dinner we joined the staff and sang carols throughout the camp-all 400 sites!

Here's a picture of an executive from Xanterra-he was so surprised!














3 comments:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

How totally fun that must have been! You guys look great, you must have made that costume before you left? It just makes me smile to see you guys having so darn much fun!

Ho! Ho! Ho!

IdahoMike said...

I remember having to dig my VW out of a snowbank in Yellowstone one late August. I sure could have used the help of a sled and reindeer.

Gary & Cecile Thompson said...

How absolutely cool that must have been! You guys are doing a lot of fun stuff. I bet you don't want to come home. :-)