Friday, July 9, 2010

Travelogue #20, I think

This is the crack in the mountain-on the way to Radium Hot Springs. I added this to the blog to show you we did have a rainy day....
It is actually a big crack! I believe this is highway 93....
This little bridge is on the Kootenay River...our campsite is to the right and we could look out our bedroom window and watch the river go by.. It was one of the few chances Jack had to fish...
And it was THIS BIG...Actually, he did catch two fish but had to throw them back...
Just another stunning view of Kootenay Nat'l Park
This rock reminded me of Vally of Fire, near Las Vegas....

One of many beautiful views of Kootenay Nat'l Park
On the way we were treated to a show of mountain goats....I'm going to have to do an animal blog one of these days....

Obviously, there will be no pictures of us soaking in the hot springs! But, this is what going back to the rig looked like....
This is the result of a prescribed burn way back in 1963.....it takes a while for re-growth...

Our first sighting of Banff....
The road to downtown Banff..I wasn't really impressed-after all the pictures I'd seen I thought I'd be more enthusiastic....
The gondola ride was pretty....
Do you hoodoo? I do! These are hoodoos.......

No comments: