Saturday, June 6, 2009

Elk


Not the four-footed animal, the town! Elk is about 15 miles south of Mendocino on the coast of course. It's a quaint, flower filled little piece of Paradise. Touring new visitors to the area is always fun and sometimes there's a bonus for me..I haven't been to Elk in a zillion years and forgot how beautiful it is. 
This unusual plant is native to Mexico-of course I've forgotten the name already!
Jack is posing on a private porch of the B&B we found in Elk. It's going on my list 'cause the view is so spectacular and the rooms offer views of the garden and ocean,  and have hot tubs and fireplaces-now doesn't that sound enticing?
See the dragon looking out to sea? He's protecting the portal I guess
This is what the dragon is protecting...

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Great smiles on the two of you!