Sunday, September 14, 2008

Friends visit at Winchester Bay



Ray and I met Bob and Dianna Pepper in 1999, when we all worked at Yellowstone Nat'l Park. It was kind of Camelot-we were all excited about starting a new lifestyle-that of the full-timer. We kept in touch over the years, visiting them when we headed north, and they met us once on their way to AZ. The last few years were difficult-Ray's passing, then Dianna's mom passed away so this was a special treat. They drove from Tillamook (3 hours!) to have an early dinner with me. They're special people and have invited me to visit them next winter in AZ. I'm really blessed.
Dianna still likes her coffee
And, of course, I got Bob to show me why my oven pilot wasn't working.
Welcome to Winchester Bay-I took this from up on the Umpqua Lighthouse. Is it Winchester Bay or Brigadoon?
I knew about the fishing here but not the dune buggying. I think it's as popular as fishing-or more! I'm on the wait list for a ride-we'll see.
The dunes are beautiful and I want to see them up close and personal.
This is called the crab dock on the map. Late afternoon there were quite a few folks putting their pots in to soak.
oops! I need a class on how to edit 

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

You are one brave soul to take a dune buggy ride. I can't wait to hear about it, if you did indeed get to go. I laughed out loud when I read that the people were putting their pots in to "soak" . . . oh Pat, you do need a lesson about crab pots! I guess you're leaving before we even get there? Bummer! Just leave some crab for us, please please please!