Saturday, August 16, 2008

A grammy visit

My kids are great-they took the time to come and visit me in Mendocino so I wanted to return the favor and visit them in Patterson. It's about a six hour drive and I certainly have a more flexible schedule so I asked my colleagues to switch some hours and took off for a four day visit. It was so great to see them again! It was too hot to do anything (94-104) so we just hung out

C's favorite corn dogs 
C is very generous to the "puppies." They are actually waiting for the OK to finish off whatever is on the plate. They tolerate a two and a half year old with unbelievable patience. 
Little dude had to be bribed with tootsie pops to sit still and get her hair brushed and put into a pony tail.
She pulled the cushions off the couch (no easy feat-they were velcroed on) and found lots of stuff-so out came the vaccuum.
But the mess was too much for a baby vacuum so mom got involved. I was the supervisor of course.
Then it got funny-C vacuumed mom! 
A beginning and and an ending-corn dogs-and the ever present "puppy" waiting for scraps! I loved every minute of my visit-no matter how hot it was.

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

That almost-three-year-old cracks me up. I love the binkie (or whatever she calls her pacifier) sitting right next to her plate like it's gonna be the first think in her mouth after that corn dog! Too funny. She's a cutie, Pat. Give her kisses on those adorable cheeks for me next time you see her. It'll be a long time before she lets me do that!