Sunday, June 29, 2014

I'm still here!

Just haven't blogged in a loong time! Just a quick update: I left Mendocino in Sept. 2013, got my left knee replaced in late Oct. (did fine-no complications, d/c'd in 6 weeks from the Doc and PT. Same as the first time 3 years ago!). Then in Mid January went south to AZ to meet up with friend in Quartsite and later Yuma....Got back from AZ in mid April just in time to get ready for a very special cruise. Most of the time I was too busy to take pix-but here are a few:

We were just leaving Skagway, where we viewed the totem pole park and a few sights in town.
I've been to Alaska 3 times and each time is different-just seeing the sights through my grandchildren is priceless!

I think we could have left Miss C for a month-she was so sure she would strike it rich and find gold! Everybody had a good time gold panning in the creek near Juneau. After gold panning we feasted on wild salmon-so yummy!

Of course there was lots of time for just goofing off...and grammy's room was ideal. My girls are such a delight-

Right after we got back Miss C had her first tap recital-so cute! Never missed a step-we were all so proud of her!

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

I haven't seen you for a long long time. So glad to catch up a bit from this post. Your granddaughters are growing up way too fast, but sure looks like you're having a whole lot of fun with them!