Saturday, June 30, 2012

Mt. St. Helens

I'm continuing my travels north and stopped at Columbia Riverfront RV park in Woodland, WA. Ray and I worked here in 2001-02 and I like to stop here to renew old friendships, and take the opportunity to sightsee. Here's a photo op-with your friendly elk.......

Ray Arntsen is a dear friend I don't see too often. This visit we took a drive up to the Johnson Observatory at Mt. St. Helens. Ray lived here when Mt. St. Helens erupted (May 18, 1980)  but had never been to the Johnson Observatory! Naturally, the weather wasn't cooperating but still well worth the trip.

The fallout rock and ash actually covered the Toulle River-in some parts it was 600 ft. thick! 

No matter the weather-if you're in the area this is a must stop. 

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Great to meet up with old friends . . . keep on smiling!