Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Mendocino Music



As you approach Mendocino from the South you see a huge white tent apparently right in the middle of the village...Well, that's not far off! We're in the middle of the 23rd Mendocino Music Festival-Music on the Edge of the World! And, it's set up right next to the Ford House! This is an extraordinary two weeks of jazz, pop, opera, orchestra, piano, bluegrass-need I say more? 
Last night's performance was "String Fever" with Alexander Markov. He is delightful-I met him at breakfast last week at the B&B where he's staying. I feel like I'm hobnobbing with celebrity. The performance tent is right next to the Ford House so while I'm working I can hear rehearsals or at night I can sit on the back porch and hear the music just as if I'm sitting in an orchestra seat! 
Mary and Jim Hambelton are here to visit and check out the volunteer situation and attend La boheme this Friday-but they can attend all rehearsals for free! I'm looking forward to this Wednesday's performance by Seldom Scene-Bluegrass   

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

How absolutely perfect to be able to sit in on rehearsals. And the bluegrass tomorrow night, I envy you . . . I LOVE Bluegrass! Great photos, by the way!