Sunday, March 1, 2009

Welcome to Casa de Fruita

Years ago Ray and I joined a group of Square dancers called the Jokers. We enjoyed their company both on the dance floor and at monthly camp outs. I still keep in touch with my friends from the Bay area, and joined them this weekend at Casa in Hollister, CA. Casa de Fruita began as a fruit & vegetable stand and now is a landmark at Pacheco Pass. There are 300 rv spaces, a park, restaurant and acres of land where special events are held throughout the year.  
From L to R: Ellie, Marlene, Bev, Estelle. They're sifting through magazines looking for fresh ides for the next pot luck...
From L to R: Ed, Dave, Bev, John playing a favorite-Pegs & Jokers. Ray and I introduced P&J to the Jokers.
jerry is and old firend-I think he's waiting for an opening for one of the games. Frank brings a ton of magazines to share so there's plenty of reading material.
Foreground L to R: Ellie, Marlene, Dixie, and Linda playing my personal favorite, Minnesota canasta. We played 'til the wee hours of the morning-I think i got my fix and it will last for a while.
Did I mention Casa has some wild animals? They're so tame you can walk up to them! We learned if we had something colorful to wave in front of the male he would show off his plume...
Then he turned his back on us
So Ellie tried flashing him, without success.
Poor lady! Not only is she dull compared to her mate, her R claw is deformed and she hobbles! 

Al in all, it was a great time. These folks are pros at organizing a weekend. The food was sumptious, the entertainment silly and funny, and the friends divine.

No comments: