Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Art and Anne Come to Visit



Art and Anne Aitken are good friends from my home base, Park of the Sierras. They stopped by overnight on their way to visit their children and grandchildren in Washington. We were very happy to see them-actually it was way out of their way so we were especially glad they took the time to visit! They were laughing about their good timing.....it was 91 @9:00 in the am and predicted to climb to 114 that day in Park Sierra. 
As you can see, Art & Anne are dressed for central CA, not Mendo
So glad to be in cooler weather-but I thought it was pretty warm today.
They're not unhappy, just full after enjoying Bay View Cafe's hot crab and jack sandwich. This is a resturant right across the street from the Ford House and has some spectacular views.
This is the front of my site at Headquarters. Gary and Cecile helped get the fire started before I got back from work.  We enjoyed another fantastic meal-smoked salmon (Gary smoke last week), roasted corn and yams. Cecile made one of her famous trifles..yum! 

1 comment:

CaliforniaGrammy said...

Oh my, I'm drooling! Good to see our good friends from Park Sierra. And I'm darn sure they enjoyed the cooler weather!